Even Destroyers Have A Price

It was about birds, now it's about azimuth stings

7.18.2006

For Great Justice, Pt. II

At some point in mid-2005, I don't remember the exact time, my friend Mr. Porcaro and I decided to photoshop our good friend Mr. Catchings onto various indie rock album covers. Hilarity ensued. Mr. Behrend later contributed one final album cover, which has unfortunately been lost in our unorganized archives. However, all of the remaining photoshops were saved, to be treasured forever into time immemorial.

But lo and behold, inspiration struck again this evening, and Messrs Behrend, Porcaro, and I collaborated once more for another series of Catchings photoshoppings. The results follow.

Mr. Behrend:

The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers

Bjork - Medulla

Deerhoof - Milk Man



Mr. Shaw:

Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production of Eggs

The Mountain Goats - Get Lonely (this has enormous animated gif potential)

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

Of Montreal - The Sunlandic Twins

Sleater-Kinney - The Hot Rock

Basement Jaxx - Rooty


Mr. Porcaro:

Jay-Z - The Black Album

Barenaked Ladies - Stunt

New Kids on the Block - No More Games
The skeleton pants are part of the original album cover, and are not connected with Mr. Catchings in real life in any way. They are just a completely inexplicable aspect of the album. Mr. Catchings is, however, responsible for the elf hostage.


There is a possibility of more products arriving shortly. Stay tuned.



In the meantime, links?




And in birding news, Ruby-throated Hummingbirds have been quite active on campus recently. I saw three individuals in front of Sharples yesterday, including fantastic looks at a perched female, and this morning I heard one flying by while working in the Wister's Beech site, plot 1. I'm still surprised that I don't encounter them more often, considering the vast numbers of flowers on campus.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home